Be popular; defy gravity

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Of Love and Leadership, the final project

So, I've been posting a lot on Twitter asking the #sachat community to help me with a project about love and leadership. I've been leaving it vague and broad and hoping that each person would make it their own, but the lack of response has alerted me that vague and broad is not what people are looking for!
Let me start by saying that my project is vague and broad, as has been everything for this class. It is a brand new class that focuses learning on what emerges. It's brilliant. And uncomfortable. I have a final project due that is 50% of my grade. The directions are simple: love and leadership. Yeah, that's not what I'm used to. But I had a dream about my final project and I feel that I'm heading in the right direction.
We've studied the AQAL model created by Ken Wilber and have been working on connecting it all to love and leadership. I made a love commitment to connections in higher education. A commitment to connecting to community members in student affairs, my peers in my program, and students on campus. My project takes quadrant one from the AQAL model, (my views on love and leadership), and then quadrant three on the model, (the views of the greater community of love and leadership), and tries to visually display it all. (I don't want to give away what I'm doing officially because I want you all to bring your creativity to it!)

Here's what I need from you. Please feel free to answer any and all of the questions I pose. Don't feel like you have to use just words. Pictures and drawings are encouraged. Quotes, poetry, theories, whatever! My project is what you all help make it!

-What is your personal definition of love? Leadership?
-How do you use love and leadership in your profession? With students and other professionals?
-What do you do to create connections? Do you think love and leadership play roles?
-Can love and leadership exist together or are they meant to be separate?
-What do you love? How do you make it manifest?
-How do you lead? Does it change depending on the role you're in?

Anything else that you want to add, feel free. Leave comments on here! Or, if you want to, find me on Twitter and DM for me for my email address. Thank you in advance for all of your help. I promise to post a picture of my final project when it gets there.

1 comment: